The Rural Employment Initiative (REI) is a project at Newcomer Center of Peel funded by IRCC.
REI supports Ontario’s communities with their regional newcomer attraction and retention strategies by sharing resources, organizing employment bus tours and virtual programs, hosting community spotlights, hiring events, and job fairs.
REI helps internationally-trained newcomers explore opportunities beyond the GTA so that they can contribute to the economic development of rural Ontario.
Who can participate?
- Internationally trained newcomers who are willing to relocate to a smaller community in Ontario
- Permanent Residents, Convention Refugees, and CUAET
Benefits to skilled professionals?
- Discover Ontario: explore options beyond the GTA
- Understand Ontario’s labour market
- Gain knowledge of life in Canada
- Learn what it means to be part of a smaller Canadian community
- Receive information and learn about resources available in Ontario’s communities
- Work with REI Job Developer; attend hiring events and employment tours, participate in job search support workshops, and more.
Take advantage of this service by contacting us today
Phone: 905-306-0577 ext. 350